Friday 10 July 2009

Guest Blogger: Naomi Woddis


Come, Sleep

Once each nipple was a weathervane,

my pert sun rising beneath a clavicle horizon.

Now an estuary of stretch-marks inks me.

When your calendar is a theif, stealing

all your hours, I'll be the pillow after the dirty

washing of your week. You, who have sucked

the day dry of all its milk, rest your head

between the bookends of my breasts. Come,

sleep with me.

Naomi Woddis has featured at the O2 Wireless Festival, Theatre Royal Stratford East and the Queen Elizabeth Hall as part of the London Literature Festival. Her innovative collaboration online invention, Poerty Mosaic (www.poetrymosaic.wordpress.com) is gaining in international popularity. Her pamphlet "Life is Music" was published in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment